Fri, Dec 01|
Location is TBD
Christmas Parade (Nutcracker Float)
Everyone is welcome to join us in the Christmas Parade! We will require very specific uniformity for all, i.e. Nutcracker shirt & Christmas PJ pants. Please help us decorate our float, too! -READ MORE DETAILS
Time & Location
Dec 01, 2023, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
The parade will begin at 5:00pm (sundown); we will meet at 3:30pm to decorate. Arrive anytime
• Location will be announced day of.
This parade requires lights, so ALL Participants must have some sort of LED light accessory on them along with their long sleeve Nutcracker shirt, Christmas pajama pants, with dancers' hair in a bun on the crown of their head.
Dancers/Parents will walk behind our float as main characters ride, so wear walking shoes.
Toddler/PreSchool dancers may be pulled in a wagon or stroller that must also be decorated with Christmas lights. Participants are encouraged to bring candy NOT FOR THROWING but handing to bystanders.
Every dancer MUST have a designated chaperone wearing the CDA Nutcracker T-shirt, LED lights, and Christmas pajama pants. We do not want to lose anyone in the crowd of people when it becomes hectic at the end of the parade route. We will all go our separate ways after passing Depot Park. Stay to enjoy the tree lighting ceremony.
Each dancer will receive a FREE Nutcracker shirt the week prior to the parade. Chaperones/ Parents will need to pre-order a shirt on CDA
Shop by November 15th. (Shop link will be texted after lunch Oct. 30th) Pre-ordered shirts will also be available for pickup that same week.
RULES GIVEN TO US BY THE CHRISTMAS PARADE HOSTS...
1. All entries are to be decorated with lights and Christmas themed, either secular or religious
2. Absolutely NO political floats/entries will be allowed in the parade
3. No float/entry is allowed to have a Santa, Mrs. Claus, Grinch, or Buddy the Elf on or walking with the float
4. During the parade, each float/entry must remain two car lengths from each other
5. There can be NO MORE THAN 3 vehicles per entry (Ex. Jeep groups and/or razor groups)
6. Floats/entries cannot exceed a height of 12 feet.
7. Floats/entries cannot exceed a length of 40 feet.
8. Each float/entry must have 4 designated participants for safety and handing out candy at the four corners of their parade space. More is allowed, less is not.
9. Parade participants may only hand candy to spectators. THROWING CANDY IS NOT ALLOWED. Participants seen throwing candy may be removed from the parade.
10. Floats/ vehicles must be decorated with at least 50% lights.